Well, waddaya know! I’m on YouTube! Actually, I’ve had a HomeJelly YouTube Channel for months now…hop on over to take a look at the collection of videos I’m creating…then please SUBSCRIBE!
(cue shameless self-promotionnnnnnnn…now!)
My latest venture involves one of our favorite and long-time friends and sponsor, HomeAdvisor. They recently asked me to be their on-camera Blogger Ambassador for their 2016 Home Hacks series…fun!
Any chance to get in front of a mic or camera…bring it on!
For the next few months, I’ll be posting ONE Home Hack video per week. Today’s is all about SALT!
Hack #1: Clean your iron.
• Heat up your iron.
• Sprinkle salt onto parchment paper.
• Run the iron over the surface until clean.
Note: it may take several swipes, about 1 – 2 minutes, depending on how dirty your iron is. Be patient…it’ll work!
Hack #2: Clean a sponge full of food.
• Soak the sponge in a bowl of salt water.
• Remove and rince…easy-peasy!
Hack #3: Use as a natural drain cleaner.
• Pour about 1/2 cup of salt down the drain.
• Add white vinegar (about 3/4 cup) down the drain.
• Clear with hot water.
Hack #4: Clean copper.
• Pour salt onto a lemon and scrub.
• Wipe with a clean cloth.
Note: with copper being all the rage these days, this is an especially helpful hack for hardware, faucets, light fixtures, sconces, etc.
Hack #5: Make clean up easy.
If you drop an egg…
• Throw salt on the yoke to prevent it from spreading.
• Wipe right up!
Now it’s your turn!
Have any home hack uses for SALT? Do tell!
The HomeAdvisor Home Hacks video series was created and sponsored by: