Cue the music, unfurl Old Glory, and get ready to cheer, “U-S-A! U-S-A!” Yes, it is the year of the Games…Olympic, that is. So, to celebrate and cheer on our Team America in London, this weekend’s DIY project shows us how we can set the stage at home with our very own, hand-made Olympic rings. For mere dollars and cents, you can create this fun and easy-to-make wall feature to display throughout the games or for an Olympic themed summer party (see below for print-yourself invites and accessories!). I would like to dedicate this blog to my wonderful teammate and friend, Greg Louganis, who will be supporting the USA athletes as a mentor in London. Go USA!
To join Greg’s official Facebook fan page, click on this photo!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 5 white styrofoam rings
• Blue, black, red, yellow and green crepe paper (in role form) OR yarn for a whole other look.
• pins or painter’s tape (to secure yarn)
Here’s what you do:
* Editable Ticket-style Invites: Add your text in Adobe Reader – Font styles cannot be changed!
* Cupcake Toppers: 12 designs
* 2 1/2” Party tags: 6 Designs including Olympic Medals designs
* Editable Buffet cards – Add your text in Adobe Reader – Font styles cannot be changed!
* Cut-out mini cupcake toppers: Olympic torch, olive wreath and medals
* Bottle Wrappers
* Mini Flags: 22 assorted countries, including a EU flag and Olympic flag
* Patterned Scrapbook Paper: 2 Designs*
* Party Bunting: 2 triangular designs