Have you ever walked into a store or seen something online and said, “I could make that!”? So often we want to (so badly!) but, reality sets in and that cool thing “I just know I could make!” never gets made. Well, here is something so simple and smart, aside from the hassle of driving over to your local salvage store, looking on DiggersList, or having a few of these babies on hand, it’s practically a no-brainer DIY project and something the most novice DIYer could get a handle on.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1-3 vintage or antique door knobs (with locks, example Mortise door knobs)
• screwdriver or drill
• optional: paint and brush
Here’s what you do:
- If you’d like a more modern look, paint each door knob the same color (or complementary tint) as your walls. It’s best to complete two coats for full coverage. Allow to dry. Note: Otherwise, a patina door knob is a beautiful display object…no paint required.
- Find the screw or mounting holes on the top and bottom of each door knob plate. Note: if there are none, use your drill to create your own.
- Screw to wall either vertically or horizontally.
- Hang your stuff like hats, jackets, leashes, or even art or decor items.
Would you have a go at something like this? Tell us how it went!