Now that Labor Day is fading into our metaphorical rear-view mirrors, it’s time to look toward the Fall, and for many, a time when houses empty of college-bound kids, leaving an empty space up for grabs. Flip a coin, join forces with your spouse or significant other, or make the single-handed decision to transform this once teenage territory into the room of your dreams. Here are some ideas to spark your enthusiasm and aspirations to reclaim a space all your own.
- Exercise room-now’s as good a time as ever to get into shape and save on expensive gym fees. With minimal equipment like exercise or Bosu balls, hand weights, bands, yoga blocks and a mat you’re ready to open for business. Minimal furniture, accessories, and inspirational paint choices complete the space.
- Office-ten years ago, a home office was considered a luxury. Today, it is a standard necessity and valued area in our home. Create this fantastic look for less and get back to work!
- Craft room-the positive side to bidding farewell to our beloved child(ren) during this time of year, is that we have more time to get back in touch with the child within ourselves. Whether it’s scrap booking, sewing, painting, drawing, or quilting, your craft room can inspire you to create personal works of art.
- Man Cove-a modest version of the man cave, this masculine domain can function as a private game/tv room, library, or music studio. Showcase sports memorabilia, collectibles, or anything your man’s heart desires. No complaints here.
DiggersList links: A. Leather sofa; B. Double-TV entertainment center; C. Air hockey table. Designer look photo courtesy of rentalo.com, metropolis-forum.activeboard.com, today.msnbc.msn.com, respectively.
- Guest room-it goes without saying that your collegiate kid(s) will someday return and be requiring a place to stay during weekends home or holiday visits. Still, the design of this guest room can now reflect your adult aesthetic and welcome other family members and friends as well.
*Note: Murphy beds are fantastic space-savers and excellent solutions to add sleeping quarters to any of the spaces mentioned above.